SOLD: partially functioning MZ-821

Buy or sell everything MZ related.
Forum rules
1. No auctions, fixed price only.
2. Update your post when you've sold/bought the item.
3. Most importantly - be nice.
geekabit

SOLD: partially functioning MZ-821

Post by geekabit »

After 30 years I have decided to sell my Sharp MZ-800. I got it from my grandfather around 1990. This is the machine I learned programming on and has led me to where I am today in IT. For about two decades t has been sitting on the high shelf, collecting dust, and it's time to hand it over to someone who will actually use it.

The computer has a Quick Disk drive, but when I tried it yesterday, the disk no longer spun. It turned out the drive belt has degraded. With a rubber band as replacement the disks now spin, but remain unreadable. Maybe you'll have better luck with a better quality replacement belt.

Along with the drive comes a stack of 35 Quick Disks. I set out to see what's on them when I found out that the quick disk drive no longer works. If you manage to get the QD working, please erase the disks before using. This does not apply to the basic and other official Sharp disks.

It also comes with the tape recorder and 15 tapes. When I tried to see if it worked, it seemed just fine, but afterwards the tape recorder wouldn't eject. After rewinding the tape, eject worked just fine. The same that applies to the disks also applies here, please erase the tapes before using.

Since I have no copy of basic on tape, I can do no more test on the machine.

Originally the machine also came with a plotter, but I wrecked it as a teenager.

Comparable machines seem to go for around 200 Euro on Ebay, which seems a bit steep to me. So asking price is 50 Euro. Shipping from the Netherlands, but you're also welcome to pick it up.
Last edited by geekabit on Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
hlide

Re: FS: partially functioning MZ-821

Post by hlide »

I'm interested in.
geekabit

Post by geekabit »

Cool, if you could pm your details I'll see what shipping would cost.
hlide

Post by hlide »

Let me PM you
geekabit

Post by geekabit »

The MZ800 is sold, shipped and received.
hlide

Re: SOLD: partially functioning MZ-821

Post by hlide »

Thanks geekabit.